Saturday, March 21, 2009

Eating their greens

As typical toddlers, the boys have this innate resistance to veggies.
I never had this problem with Little Miss, thus feeding the boys their greens as been a new and infuriating challenge. I have tried chopping them into tiny pieces and adding them to meatballs. I have tried them pureed into a pasta sauce. All very contrived and time consuming.

But there is now hope! Yes folks, the boys have discovered a new game called pit (pick) and eat. You pick a Malabar Red spinach leaf straight from the vine (while Mum tries to prevent the destruction of said vine) and you eat it fresh and crisp! Yum yum. But it only seems to taste good when you "pit" it yourself. The baby was spitting it out until he was able to do the "pitting", then suddenly it took on a new and exciting flavour. Hey, whatever works!

No comments: