Thursday, December 25, 2008

Chook watching

We are babysitting chooks for a couple of weeks and The Chief  has them fenced in the back garden away from children and puppy.
We never imagined that the level of fascination with the chooks would lead to the invention of a new spectator sport.
Here are Little Miss and Little Monkey lined up at the back fence chook watching!

I must admit I don't much care for chickens, but they do produce some tasty "bok bok num" (eggs). Yes, Monkey's vocab is expanding and we're beginning to form sentances. We have:
"ho ho esh" (Xmas stocking)
"draw tu" (I've drawn where I should not have - pronounced tu(ck) with a silent ck)
"yummy dere" (give me the food that's over there)
"poo in dere" (that one's a no brainer)
"aa-a giu" (puppy get out)
And it looks like chikey is learning the language. He's becoming very vocal and almost walking. Then he has become very handy with that little finger. It stuffs food in the gob and points to that which his little heart desires. I like that little finger - I just want to bite it off and eat it!

No comments: